Air Dates: Month Oct. 10 & 11, 2015 | Lisa Lettenmaier
Remember those crazy, heady days of just being able to go to the doctor when you want and then just paying for their services? Yeah, that’s going to change. And it’ll change here in Oregon first.
And remember the good ol’ days when Obama promised savings of $2,500 per family per year?
This week, we take the pulse of the effects of Obamacare on the system. And it’s not pretty.
Tune in to find out what most of Oregon’s elected officials ought to know: how to connect the dots when it comes to Oregon’s health care transformation. And that includes at least one Republican candidate currently running for governor, who came out in favor of Oregon’s CCOs.
Democrats are already funneling billions of taxpayer dollars to Democrat-friendly “non-profits” who help get Democrats elected, who then funnel even more money to Democrat-friendly “non-profits” (like the $500 million in federal funds to Planned Parenthood or the $22.2 billion from global warming). Just wait until they start siphoning off from the $1.2 trillion we spend on health care.
Highlights from this week’s show:
- Examples of fraud in the system
- Potential areas for fraud
- How Oregon’s CCOs are incentivized to stop people from going to the doctors and why they’ll do it
- How much health care is about to go up
- What the transition from fee-for-service to “outcome based” health care will mean for you and your health
- Lisa Lettenmaier’s website: www.healthsourcenw.com
- John McCain article & photos: ISIS brags about links to John McCain, which we reported 2+ years ago (and, yes, we’re aware the NY Times disputes this particular photo is ISIS — but note how they crop the photo to cut off the guy who is a member of ISIS, the one known as “The Cannibal”)
- Example of Medicaid Fraud – $30 million for ambulance rides that never happened
- March 2015, Statesman Journal : the skyrocketing costs of drugs and medications
- More of Oregon’s health care transformation —health care reimbursement will be based on “quality outcomes” (that bureaucrats will decide…)
- CCOs : Lurching into a County Near You (June, 2012) – Get a baseline understanding of what a CCO is and why it matters
- CCOs: Forced Compliance (Sept, 2012) – CCOs have the potential for real—dare we say it?—evil.
- Our previous show (Show #5-15) on CCOs & cost overruns with Oregon’s health care transformation
- Zerohedge article: So much for that $2,500 “savings” – Insurance costs up by average $4,900 under Obamacare
- How outcome-based reimbursement will change health care (2011)