Summary: For generations, Jews and Christians alike have believed that the true location of Solomon’s Temple was located on top of what is currently called, the Temple Mount, where the Muslim Dome of the Rock currently is. Some even believe the Holy of Holies was located on the very rock under the Dome. Since retaking Jerusalem, the Jews have prayed at the Western Wall, which they believe is the outer court and foundations of the Jewish Temple. But what if the experts have it all wrong? We talk to Dr. Bob Cornuke, who’s been called “a modern-day Indiana Jones” as he reveals the clues that reveal the true location of Solomon’s Temple.
When, Where and How to Listen — All stations stream live!
Air Dates: Mar. 19 (11a PT) & 20 (7p PT), 2016 | Dr. Bob Cornuke
If you close your eyes and envision Jerusalem, like most people you probably see the big iconic golden dome known as the “Dome of the Rock.” It is on top of the highest hill in Jerusalem and surrounded by walls. In that same complex, just south of the golden dome is the al-Aqsa Mosque, and the hill and entire complex is collectively referred to as “the Temple Mount.”
The Temple Mount area is also what nearly everyone believes is the previous site of Solomon’s Temple—and where Herod rebuilt the magnificent temple that was the center of Jewish life at the time of Jesus. Christians believe t was in this temple on this spot where he taught and prayed. Where he overthrew the merchants’ tables, where he stood at trial before Caiaphas the High Priest. And it was the veil of this temple that was torn top to bottom after he died on the cross within site of the Temple.
But Herod’s Temple was completely destroyed during the Jewish Wars, which began in 66 A.D. All that remains of the original Temple—according to Biblical archaeology experts and generations of belief—is the area known as Western Wall or Wailing Wall.
Rebuilding the Temple
The Jewish people would love to rebuild their holy temple there but the Jews aren’t even allowed on the Temple Mount. Instead, they’re confined to pray outside the temple complex at the Western Wall. To rebuild the Temple, it must be rebuilt on the original, true location of Solomon’s Temple. But to do that, they would have to destroy the Dome of the Rock (or the al-Aqsa Mosque, depending on which expert you talk to). Needless to say, this would probably set off World War III since it is considered the third holiest site in Islam.
Rebuilding the Temple on the true location of Solomon’s Temple has importance to Christians as well. Because many believe that before Jesus returns, the temple must be rebuilt.
But what if all the experts are wrong? What if the original, true location of Solomon’s Temple is not on the “Temple Mount” at all?
Finding the True Location of Solomon’s Temple
All too often, whether in politics or academia, the “elite” or “establishment” have one way of thinking and it may take an outsider to shake things up. But what if — when it comes to the Temple Mount and the true original site of Solomon’s Temple — what if the “establishment experts” have it all wrong? What if the Jewish people could rebuild their temple right now? And all that needs to happen is to awaken people to the truth in order to overcome generations of perception and establishment thinking.
On this week’s show we talk with Dr. Bob Cornuke about the evidence that disproves the experts. Using his experience as a former police investigator, he walks us through the clues and evidence from Biblical, historical, and eyewitness accounts that would indicate the original site of Solomon’s Temple was south of the Temple Mount, in the City of David.
Dr. Bob Cornuke is a biblical investigator, an international explorer with over 50 expeditions around the world searching for lost locations described in the Bible. These include the search for Noah’s Ark (with Apollo XV astronaut, James Irwin), the real Mount Sinai, St. Paul’s shipwreck, and even the Ark of the Covenant. In addition to his exploits, Bob holds a PhD in Bible and Theology from Louisiana Baptist University and is the President of the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (BASE) Institute located in Colorado Springs, CO. He is also the author of nine books, his latest is Temple: Amazing New Discoveries that Change Everything about the Location of Solomon’s Temple.
Links Mentioned (plus lots more)
- All of Dr. Cornuke’s books can be found at BASE Institute .
- An excellent resource is Ernst L Martin’s site, Associates for Scriptural Knowledge
- Illustration of what Herod’s rebuilt temple would looked like next to Fortress Antonia (via askelm.com)
Articles on the True Location
- Dr. Bob Cornuke: Was the Temple Mount Not the Site of Solomon’s Temple?.
- Excellent expanded article on the true site of Solomon’s Temple, including diagrams and maps
- New Evidence for the Site of the Temple in Jerusalem (written in 2000)
- The Real Site of Herod’s Temple in Jerusalem.
- The Letter of Aristeas, who visited the reconstructed Solomon’s Temple in the 2nd Century BC, prior to Herod’s complete rebuilding.
Videos on the True Location of Solomon’s Temple
- Q & A with Bob Cornuke with Ron Matson
- (2014) Bob Cornuke and Chuck Missler discuss the true location of the temple
- Bob Mitchell’s Prophecy Update with Bob Cornuke: The True Location of the Jerusalem Temple.
- A “flyover” of Herod’s (Solomon’s) temple and Fortress Antonia
- Ken Klein has an excellent movie, “The Temple Mount Dilemma – Bible Prophecy Revealed“
- Excellent historical video – Rome and Jerusalem at War: The destruction of the Jewish Temple.