Air Dates: Jan 24 & 25, 2015
This week on I Spy Radio Show, we do what—apparently—no mainstream media news reporter did in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo and Jewish deli murders: read the Koran. And ask the hard questions about this “religion of peace” of Hoover Institution research fellow, Dr. Bruce Thornton.
Now that the initial raw emotions have dissipated from the Charlie Hebdo and Paris murders, it’s time to explore how and why these Muslim terrorist attacks happened. This week on I Spy, we go in depth with Hoover Institution research fellow Dr. Bruce Thornton to explore the Islamic faith and to find the truths about the “religion of peace” that the liberal media is too often willing (or complicit) to ignore. We compare and contrast Christian and Muslim ideology and ask the fundamental questions about what drives these terrorists and whether the Charlie Hebdo attacks were truly an anomaly committed by radicals.
And don’t miss what the mainstream media is not telling you about the newest worldwide assault on Christianity and persecution of Christians.
- Download a PDF copy of the Koran; use its search function to do your own research. This particular translation is by Abdullah Yusuf Ali and considered highly accurate.
- Text of the Cairo Declaration of Human Rights (and Wikipedia article on the CDHR)
- Dr. Bruce Thornton (bio) is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, one of the nation’s leading think tanks, which seeks to advance “ideas that promote economic opportunity and prosperity, while securing and safeguarding peace for America and all mankind.
- His book, Decline and Fall: Europe’s Slow Suicide (2007) discusses the failure of European nations to integrate Muslim immigrants into their national culture *Check out Dr. Thornton’s other books: The Wages of Appeasement: Ancient Athens, Munich, and Obama’s America (2011), and Democracy’s Dangers and Discontents: The Tyranny of the Majority from the Greeks to Obama (2014). Both are available via Amazon.
- A must-read article by Dr. Thornton: “Christian Tragedy in the Muslim World“
Related Links & Info
- Check out Jesse Water’s video (from The O’Reilly Factor) when he tried to get into a Muslim convention. As you watch it, remember the Islamic principle of “taqiyya.”
- Steven Crowder video: “‘Moderate’ Muslim is a myth. Here’s why…”
- Some verses from the Koran discussing treatment of non-Muslims
- More on taqiyya, idtirar, kitman, and ḥiyal — the Islamic principles that allow for lying to non-believers: link 1 (Wikipedia), link 2 (better – from Islam Review), link 3 (also good, via Muslim Fact), and link 4.
- Article from Citizen Warrior: “What Muslim Leaders Say About Islam Dispels the Myth that Jihadists are a ‘Fringe’ Element”
- And finally, a glimmer of hope from the mainstream media, The New Yorker—yes, The New Yorker—is starting to get it about Muslim ideology. Check it out.