Air Dates: January 30 & 31, 2015 | Jonathan Williams (ALEC)
States are in constant competition for people and businesses — with businesses leaving high tax states and people voting with their feet. Find out why Socialism and “Tax Cronyism” drive people away.
One this week’s show, we give Bernie Sander’s voters a headache.
Over the past ten years New York State has lost millions of residents and thousands of businesses that had all had it with NY’s high taxes and moved to other states. They’ve moved to find a better place to live where owning a business or property isn’t suffocated, to where they didn’t have to feel like they were being held up at gun point by their own state.
Funny how that works, isn’t it? Our entire history is one of moving to better economic conditions. Leaving the “old country” for the chance to make a better, more profitable life. Moving west on the Oregon Trail or the California Gold Rush. People are not chained to their states — and the moment they feel they are, they move.
While Bernie Sanders’ voters may not like to think about economics or the consequences of raising taxes, there are 50 states that all have their own sets of economic policies that have consequences, of action and reaction. And shrewd consumers of democracy can make decisions on where and how they live based on a free market principal—competition is good because it reduces costs and drives efficiency.
In their 8th Edition of Rich States, Poor States, Jonathan Williams and his co-authors, Dr. Author Laffer, and Stephen Moore have once again captured how states make their economic decisions and the consequences of those policy decisions. Policies that impact your pocket book and quality of life and that should influence who you’ll vote into office.
Tune in to find out:
• What drives a state’s economic success or failure
• Tax Cronyism and how it ruins free markets
• Can states or the federal government be run more like a business?
• Which states have changed their liberal ways to create a strong, pro growth environment
With state and federal elections coming up soon this is a show not to miss.
- Visit Jonathan Williams’ awesome organization, the American Legislative Exchange Council
- While you’re there, visit their State Budget Reform Toolkit — and be sure to send the link to your legislators!
- Download a copy of the 8th Edition of Rich States Poor States and visit the RSPS page on ALEC.org for additional resources
- National Review article on “Why Businesses Leave California“
- CNBC – “Tired of High Taxes? Maybe it’s Time to Move“
- “Blue States don’t Care How High Taxes go” via AbsoluteRights.com
- Jeff Sessions: “Donald Trump’s Position on Trade is Right” as Americans Lose Jobs to Overseas
- Ted Cruz’s “Simple Flat Tax Plan“
- Analysis of Cruz’s plan including links to analysis of the other candidate’s plans