Show Summary: Republican National Convention wraps up and a courageous Black man, Burgess Owens, speaks out against the horrific damage liberal ideology has done to the Black community
Never miss a show! Check out our network of stations. Not in Oregon? All Stations Stream Live!
Original Air Dates: June 23 & 24, 2016 | Burgess Owens & Brendan Kirby
Burgess Owens knows what it takes to be successful. He had a standout career in the NFL with the Jets before winning the Super Bowl with the Oakland Raiders in 1980. He has made his life’s mission to throw off the shackles of liberal ideology that has destroyed the once-proud Black communities he grew up in. Growing up in the South he talks about how he was raised to understand duty and honor of his youth and how that mindset has been corrupted by many in the Black community due to outside influences and organizations. His new book, Liberalism or How to Turn Good Men into Whiners, Weenies and Wimps connects the ties between socialism and its infiltration and impact on the Black communities around the nation.
Tune in to hear his powerful story and to find out the origins of the NAACP, its real purpose, and how it and organizations like it have wrought devastation on the people it was supposedly designed to help but instead has done little more than keep the black community emotionally enslaved.
Then we turn our attention to this week’s big political story, the RNC convention. Brendan Kirby, Senior Political Writer for Laura Ingraham’s LifeZette, was at the convention all week and has “boots on the ground” insights for all of the highs and lows of the week. What were the delegate’s reaction to the rules committee? How did they respond as events unfolded at convention? Was their unity or not?
Brendan gives us his first-hand information on Ted Cruz’s speech, the delegates’ reactions, and the morning-after reaction by his political supporters. And what about those 30,000 protesters that were supposed to show up? We discuss the Trump family’s impact and what they’ve accomplished to move Donald Trump’s message into new areas for the GOP. And don’t miss the impact of Trump’s acceptance speech and what it was like to be there on the convention floor. Unity at last? Or will liberalism continue to infect the nation?
Next week Part II of our show with Kamal Saleem, a former cultural jihadist: How moderate Muslims are converted to become radical Islamic terrorists.
- Burgess Owens’ book, Liberalism or How to Turn Good Men into Whiners, Weenies and Wimps, can be found on Amazon and Barnes and Noble
- Check out Mark’s article on Lifezette – Cruz Exposes the Brilliance of Trump: Refusal to endorse galvanized everyone against Ted, hands Trump another win
- “The Rapid Growth of the NAACP” by J.R. Johnson, Sept. 1947; via marxists.org, talks about the growth of NAACP, which mirrored growth of the labor union, CIO
- Black prof from Vanderbui.lt says BLM = Marxists
- Link between Extreme Environmentalism and Hardcore Racism (via Foundation for Economic Education)
- A Black Man says Don’t Vote for Obama (2012, WND)